Wednesday, May 16, 2007

All the names were taken

You have no idea how hard it is to start a blog...
For days I had been planning to do this, and I had my title all picked out, -- "Socks and Sandals," a little esoteric, but I liked it -- but as luck would have it, the name was already taken. So I go with backup choices: "I Hate Blogs," "For Unlawful Carnal Knowledge" -- get it?, "I Hate Pants," etc. All taken. Then, like all people looking for an original idea, I chose to draw from personal experience...

So today after work, I got on the bus, and an elderly man got on after me. He seemed like the average, nice old German gentleman, but then he sat in the seat next where I was standing. That's when I noticed his smell. I mean, I'm pretty much O.K. with most body odor (although the more time I spend in the U.S., the more sensitive I become to it when I return to Germany), but this was no ordinary body odor. It smelled like this man hadn't showered in a month, hadn't changed his clothes in a month, and whenever he took of his clothes, he must have left them in a warm, dark, damp place.

You know there's regular BO, and then there's that kind that just makes you gag? Like not even a stronger version of BO type 1, but just entirely different. Like when you leave your clothes in the washing machine too long and they start to smell, but 100x worse?

I would've gotten off the bus earlier, but I was too lazy to walk 7 blocks to where I had to go, so I just stood there. I though about breathing through my mouth, but I mean, those smelly particles he was eminating, even at N ppm, would still have entered my body. Gross.

No comments: