Monday, June 18, 2007

That made me feel like a man

This weekend I got to go to a German high school dance. Not half bad, although I did feel kind of weird as a college sophomore/junior surrounded by a bunch of German highschoolers. I mean, a number of these kids were pre-pubescent, but you can’t argue with 1 Euro beers. And it probably wouldn't've been appropriate to hit on a girl who's still in braces… yea… But it did end about as well as any high school dance could have…

…with me grabbing some douchebag by the neck and yelling “Cut that shit out!” (in German of course). They were playing that (fun) game where a bunch of guys start body-checking each other on the dance floor. Needless to say, it pissed me off, and straightening that kid out made me feel like a man. In fact, it's probably very similar to how Charlie felt here (fast-forward 49 seconds), only I wasn't as cool as Charlie since I went straight for the neck, and I didn't say "Cool your jets!" But some things just don't translate.

"Now that would make a good blog post, minus the Paul in Love."
--Brian

1 comment:

Brian said...

Now you've confused your readership. Oh wait, I'm actually not that confused.